Winner of the National Positive Practice In Mental Health Award for Health and Social Care, 2017
The Meir Partnership Care Hub has brought together and co-located Health, Social care and Community practitioners to respond to individuals within five GP practices. Both the local authority and Combined Healthcare NHS Trust have brought in existing partners to develop and focus third sector provision around this locality. The aim is to develop a ‘ground-up’ model based on the following principles: Putting the person at the heart of what we do; Working to resolve/address needs as opposed to simply referring on; Identifying sustainable solutions which prevent individuals from returning to the system or entering crisis and causing high costs to the system
- To improve offer to people with complex lives requiring support in the community.
- Support the Primary Healthcare and Social Care system and reduce attendance at Hospital.
- Reduce costs and create efficiencies for both health and social care.
- Mental Health (NSCHT) and Local Authority Social Care.
- Community Police Service and Fire Service.
- GPs and Community Healthcare (SSOTP).
- Independent Sector.
- Local Authority Housing and Citizens Advice Debt Advice Service.
What we’re doing
- Partnership approach at core of service delivery
- Hub Team principles are solution focused , strength and asset based, no referral on, required support pulled around the individual.
- Multi Disciplinary/Agency response within the locality.
- Person supported through the service planning, engagement to desired outcomes or appropriate specialist services involved.
- Consolidate the Co-located Team model and develop model further across Stoke on Trent in 2018 and extend partnership involvement(Second Care Hub team by Spring 2018).
- Provide a coordinated response in localities reducing need for multiple assessments and referrals to improve individual outcomes.
- Improved community asset and resilience to deliver a prevention strength based approach.
- Reduction in GP appointments, attendance at A&E and Hospital admissions.
- Costs efficiencies for health and social care economy.